Monster Tree Service - Avoid Monster at all cost

What a despicable company.Monster Tree service took it upon themselves to use the driveway of my rental house (preventing 2 of my 3 tenants from parking) to park their large truck and wood chipper as well as the area in front of my garage to use chainsaws to cut logs.

They never asked permission or even gave notice and when I caught them in the act, they acted like "that's the way it is". When I called the company and complained, I was given a phony apology, told they would be finished within the hour, that they would clean up and it would never happen again. 9 DAYS LATER on a SUNDAY MORNING, they were back using my driveway with their front end loader to finish the job. They woke my tenants up (again), driving within 10 ft of their bedroom window.

I confronted the driver and after he gave me attitude, I told him to leave. I called the office again and left a message. No reply. I was subsequently contacted by a Monster employee via Yelp and discovered that same employee left a glowing review of his own company.

(Since removed) They have also had Yelp remove my review of them to boost their rating. If you are considering using Monster Tree Service, I highly recommend that you reconsider. Even if they do a decent job (and their online reviews including the Better Business Bureau indicate otherwise) They will likely make enemies of your neighbors. Most of all, check out the REAL online reviews of the company.

(The pics are of their truck and the mess they made in my driveway while torturing my tenants with noise for hours) This was in October of 2014.As of this date, according to my neighbor who hired them (and now regrets it) they have still not returned to finish the job and have been repeatedly billing her for payment.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 3 Yes 3 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
PA Bacon

Apr 18, 2015 #973521 Perkasie, Pennsylvania

Did you tell them they were not allowed to use your driveway? Just wondering. This is a fairly common practice with service providers. When I've had plumbers, carpenters, landscapers, painters, etc. they parked in the driveway.
Also, parking in the street creates a hazard for motorists and workers. As a police officer I see accidents all the time involving tradesmen who are setting up shop on the street. I gently remind them that they should be in the homeowners driveway instead.

1 1 Reply

Mar 09, 2015 #956165

If you did not hire them and your neighbor did what they are doing on your property is trespassing.Why did you not call the police and demand they be given a ticket for trespassing.If they were not on your property and just were loud there is not much you can do.Cutting down trees is gonna be loud.You can still make a police report for the trespass,I would.

3 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Monster Tree Service. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Monster Tree Service.
Filing a new complaint about